Friday, March 13, 2009

Illustration Friday - "Legendary"


Although I was never personally a big fan of the sport, I grew up around rodeos. As a kid I could count on the near certainty of our annual local "Rodeo and Riding Club" event having on its roster a bull named "Widow Maker", or as the locals pronounced it "Widder Maker". All of the animals, the "broncs" as well as the bulls, had names, but this one stuck out. That made him a legend to all of us.
I never wanted anyone to get hurt, of course, including the animals, but I always hoped the bulls found their riders little more than a very temporary annoyance.

5 comments:

Rui Sousa said...

wow!!! this is amazing...

Afsaneh said...

Beautiful illustration! I love the atmosphere...the light in the horizon and the use of blue...

Anonymous said...

It has a real rodeo feel to it! Great dramatic piece!

Ray-Mel Cornelius said...

Thanks to everybody.

Anonymous said...

Really like the tone, texture and design of this