Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Mystery Project - Part Two

Sorry about the glare on these photos, I took them with my unsophisticated digital camera.
I've taken the original sketch, posted in the first installment of this project, and enlarged it to 36 by 60 inches. Here it's in position and ready to transfer to the canvas.

And here the image is transferred to the canvas using white pastel as the transfer medium.

I'm starting the paint the different elements. I paint from dark to light, using opaque acrylics, and from the front to the back. The foreground images are painted first. The background is dark, but it won't stay that way, eventually it will be made up of sky, clouds, ground, etc.


Here are a couple of image details. Again, the background is dark for now, but that will change.

1 comment:

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.