Friday, September 3, 2010

Peaceable Kingdom, for now.

This is another "Neo-Retro" style sample. One of these days this will lead to something. I keep telling myself that, anyway. (Click the image to see it a little bigger.)

The idea originated with a logo (see below) I designed for my high school alma mater's alumni association. The school mascot is the Bulldog, and the Association wanted the dog to be a part of the design. It's simple and gets the job done.

I liked the drawing, so I decided to adapt it to another piece. The idea of a stack of supposedly at-odds animals came to mind, so I added the cat (which is either yawning or laughing, I don't know which) and the bird. I was going to incorporate an insect of some kind, to continue the food chain, or at least adversary, theme. I decided a pteradactyl gave the image an edge or oddity or something it needed.

No comments: